A New Project on the Go
Starting a new book is never easy, and now that I’ve started a new series, only the second to date, it’s very much back to the drawing board. I had a recent consultation with an advisor, and they strongly suggested that writing series was the way to go to help future sales etc. So with that in mind, I have embarked on the first book in this series, which will be in the same universe as the Earth Saga series and all the other books I’ve written, but will take place a few hundred years in the past, making it the ‘oldest’ time period covered, and will have no reference to Earth or anything like that.
One of the things I like about writing books that are in the same ‘universe’ is the ability to continue with the world-building. Creating more and more depth to the world that Joe Hunt and Rhea Stokes find themselves in in the Earth Saga series that is currently sitting at 6 of 9 books complete. Hopefully, this series will illuminate some of the back-story to the universe that those characters find themselves in, while creating an exciting new set of adventures and characters that readers will enjoy.
With summer coming to an end, I’m trying to get in more walks around London before the weather completely changes, which it inevitably will as autumn then winter sets in. I had a lovely walk around Richmond Park the other day. Stopped off at the Roebuck pub on Richmond Hill overlooking the Thames for an obligatory pint before walking through the park. It was nice to see a large group of deer go for a swim while trying to keep the dog calm.
A few more walks are planned over the next few weeks, hopefully taking advantage of the milder weather, while attempts to edit Projects 10-14 will be an ongoing struggle while trying to get words on the page with the first book of this new series.
Due to a variety of factors, I’m going to pare back the 2020 releases to just two books: Murder on Valtameri (Project XI) hopefully in late October or early November and Project XIV, currently titled Escape from Jarosis, hopefully released just before the end of the year.
At this point, I’m trying to have my entire catalogue of books already published re-edited, and this is creating a giant traffic jam, and causing delays in the releasing of new work since I’ve convinced myself that I must have any new projects professionally edited before they are released. I should have probably done this years ago, but better late than never.
Add to that the fact that I’ve just learned today that my cover artist, Luke West (talented chap), is having to give up on working freelance. I need roughly 10 covers designed ASAP, so this couldn’t have come at a worse time. Yowzers!
All that can be done now is to continue punching the keys and getting words on the page.